Most pros have race resumes to get sponsors and buttress their legitimacy, but I think its time that I put one together to hand out to all of the people that ask the same general questions when they find out I ride a bike.
No, I have not raced the Tour de France nor will I this year.
Lance Armstrong is not my favorite rider.
The bike has two gears in the front and 10 in the back so 20 possible combinations.
The seat does not hurt.
Yes I wear the tight clothes.
Yes, the tight clothes look weird, but keep my taint comfy and keep me cool.
No, basketball shorts would not be sufficient.
Yes, you can, in fact, see where my genitals are at while wearing these shorts.
No, I have no interest in sleeveless jerseys becaus they are for triathletes.
Oh, your (insert relationship- brother, cousin, friend) did a triathalon/charity ride/century, that's cool.
No, I never want to do a triathalon.
Why? I don't like running and swimming so I don't see a point.
No, its not harder because you do 3 sports. They give ribbons for finishing.
Yah, I've heard of Ironman. It is not a cycling event therefore I have not done nor will I be in it this year.
Yes, the frame is made of carbon fiber.
The fastest I've gone on a bike is 100km/hr.
The farthest I've ridden is 230km.
No, I don't ride that far every day.
Yes, I ride on the streets with the cars.
Yes, its dangerous, but its safer than the sidewalk.
Sorry to hear that it bothers you when we ride in the street.
My bike did, in fact, cost a lot.
I ride almost every day for at least an hour usually more.
I ride in the general vicinity of where I live.
Yes, on the roads. I thought we've been over this.
No, I don't lift weights.
That's cool that your triathlete friend/relative lifts weights and also rides a bike.
No comments:
Post a Comment